Sunday, October 31, 2010

Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover

I know that my blog should be about the Funny Side of RedRibbon Days, however I could not stop myself from posting this blog. Shanghai is a beautiful city, been there and fell in love with it. The night life is fantastic and the food is great. A picture of the night scene of The Bund (below).

But to me, the most memorable thing about Shanghai is the people! They always say dont judge a book by it's cover but i never really understood what that means. How can one not judge someone by their appearance? But now i understand what the saying means. I have a picture of a lady and trust me, she knows people. A lot of people in fact.
You know what happens when people drink too much. They start fighting. There was a man that was so drunk that he got punched and fell on the floor. (I wasnt fast enough to take a video of the fight or him getting punched.)

There were a lot of people passing by but no one really stopped to see what was happening. Maybe it's quite normal for drunk people to fight and lie on hotel driveways.

But my point is not the fight, it's how people can possibly mistaken this woman as a person who doesnt know many people. I for one did. Let me post her photo again. (below)

All she has to do is make a few calls and within minutes the whole place was flooded with people.
As the minutes past, more and more of her friends came to see watch the drunk man lying on the floor.

The moral of the story is, dont judge the book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment