Friday, August 20, 2010

My Experience as a Delivery Girl for the Day

Working for RedRibbon Days, it is never monotonous. I had the chance to be a delivery girl for the whole of yesterday. Although we pride ourselves with experiential gifts (experience gifts), when a corporate client insists to use us to source for good quality hampers, we are more than happy to do it.

I just realised that I make a not so good delivery girl. First, I dont have a driving license, second I dont have a navigator and my sense of direction is really really bad (worse than Theing our very own Klang girl. Haha!), third it doesnt help if the addresses that is given my our client are wrong, and lastly client assumes that we will do the delivery when we already mentioned to them via email that "hampers will be ready for collection by your despatch team to do the delivery on Thursday".

Okay Okay, I do possess a driving license but living in Melbourne for almost 10 years, you can imagine my sense of direction.

I never had the impression that Klang girls have bad sense of direction but I heard from Shiva.
This is what happened:

Theing has a meeting at Centrepoint, Bandar Utama. She obviously didnt know how to get there so she went on google map to look for the address. Nik was walking past her work station and said "Aiyah Theing, you are so Klang la". So, to Shiva and my defense, we do not think that Klang girls have bad sense of direction, only Nik thinks so!

Well, RedRibbon Days is about giving people a good time so I'm proud to say that although we had to do delivery to an empty houses and when the whole office building has moved from KL to Damansara, we were still able to deliver the gifts to the recipient. So I guess I dont make such a bad delivery girl after all.

Although the notice of us doing the delivery was a very last minute one, we manage to do it because of our values - TEAMWORK.

RedRibboners heard about the news that we had to do delivery - this is what happened

Shiva jumped on her seat and started googling the address of the recipients to ensure i roughly know my directions. okay, i was just kidding, Shiva couldnt jumped on her seat, her backside was still hurting. She just recovered from a very bad fever, swollen tonsil, sore throat (the whole works) and had to take 3 jabs on her back by 2 different doctors (father and son). Okay, I'm not sure why the jabs has to be done by 2 different people - we shall leave that to your imagination.





Ming Nu quickly grabbed her pen and start writing the delivery addresses on the forms for the delivery guy to send out. Although I was the delivery girl, we had another delivery person to help us too. We had to deliver to Rawang, Kepong and places that I only know how to spell. So those places, the delivery boy had to do it for us.










Sherin was extremely busy in her office but she ran out to help me with the addresses that I have to deliver to. Okay, she didnt run but she walked really quickly.












Nik quickly came out to help me with the delivery forms too. Although I saw her wiping her saliva coz she was salivating and hoping that she can eat the chocolates. Okay, only kidding. I love making fun of Nik because she never gets angry :P Nik was our other delivery girl of the day too. She volunteered to help us with the delivery as well.









Fantastic work team! Monday, we shall look at Shiva and my 'Food Delivery Folder' - we like to call it our bible and decide what's for lunch!


4 comments:

  1. You just had to tell the whole world abt me getting the jabs on my a**,right? For your info, the 1st jab was by the Dr (senior) in the morning, next jab was by Dr (junior) in the evening and the next one was by Dr (senior) again the next day morning,ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Shiva I didn't know you had ass jabs. Why are they Dr Senior and Junior? You like variety ey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you just had to tell the whole wide world that I wasn't sure where Centrepoint was lah... don't lah like thaat... at least I found the place baahh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god...Ming Nu...different doctor on duty and different time mah...haiyo...

    ReplyDelete