Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Funny Side of RedRibbon Days

After so many months of procrastination, I finally forced myself on a Sunday afternoon to start my first ever blog. I wanted to continue procrastinating it but how many hours of afternoon nap can I take? I slept so much and if I continue sleeping, I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight.
I should have started writing my blog few months earlier as many things that I encountered would be an interesting topic to share here but guess I can’t turn back time.
I decided on the topic ‘The Funny Side of RedRibbon Days’ because we are not only a FUN company who loves to do what we do but my colleagues are very FUN-ny too (and of course I like to make fun of them). My victim for this week is our director, Nik Hidayati.
RedRibbon Days was invited to sail on a luxury yacht on Wednesday, 28th July 2010. I was the first who volunteered to go for the event, after all, what better way to spend a workday if not sipping champagne, eating canapés and sailing on a yacht? Okay Okay there was no champagne served but it would be nice if champagne was served. Guess who came along with me for the event, yes you guessed it right, Nik.
The event was at 2.30pm so we had quick lunch before we leave for Port Klang on Sunday. The journey to Port Klang from our office is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. On our way there, Nik kept asking me the time. I was quite curious why she kept checking the time until I found out that she had to take her seasick pills at 2 pm sharp (30 minutes before she goes on the yacht).
We took a small boat to the yacht. Below are some pictures of the yacht taken while I was approaching the yacht.


-->
The weather was fantastic on a Wednesday afternoon - sunny and windy. Perfect condition for sailing. The wind on the deck is quite strong as you can see from Nik’s hair (below).

--> -->Below are some pictures taken of the yacht:


-->
Since Nik and I have been friends since we were 18, I told Nik that I will charter a boat for her upcoming birthday in 2 weeks time. But the boat that I will charter for her on her birthday is not the yacht we were on but the picture below:

-->
We were not really dressed for the event, we were in our business attire and Nik as usual was in her high heels. While touring the yacht something funny happened, one side of her heels dropped off while walking down the stairs. I can imagine how embarrassing it must be for Nik but I couldn’t help myself from laughing. I know if something like this happens, we are supposed to pretend that the ‘shoe falling off her foot incident’ did not happen but it happened too fast that I just couldn’t help myself from pretending nothing happened.
After the event, we came back to RedRibbon Days’ office. We just moved to our new office so when we came back Nik continued with her unpacking. I took some photos of her when she was busy unpacking.

The focus here is here is not how hardworking Nik is but something else. Maybe the photo below is more obvious.
-->
That’s right! Why is she walking in the office barefooted? When I saw her without her shoes, I really thought her heels dropped in the water when we were walking on the plank going back to the jetty. I was quite disappointed because I did not have the opportunity to witness it. I think if I saw it, I would have burst out laughing again.
The truth is, her shoes dropped off her feet only once. She was getting really comfortable in the office that she took off her shoes. Not to worry, her heels are safe (under her table).
-->
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. There will be more to come; I wonder who will be my next victim. Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! Ming Ne...u r so dead after Nik reads this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Kesian Nik. Shiva, I have a feeling you're next! Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehem, r u sure u wanted to take a picture of my feet or something else? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall refrain myself from laughing and show some sympathy to dear Nik... I feel you girl!

    Mingne, you'r soooooooooooo mean!! :p But loved the post! hahahaha... Keep it comin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome blog!....banyak enak!
    i'm gonna put this on my FB wall

    The Chosen Lan

    ReplyDelete